Feb 2, 2010

Regressive birthday post.....

     My Marmee has really been riding me to make a post about my first birthday. With all the Christmas craziness, I just didn't have time to post about Thanksgiving, Christmas, our trip to the indoor water park, and my birthday. Not because I didn't LOVE all of these things, because I loved them all tons!
     My first birthday was really unique and fabulous for any one year old who loves books as much as I do. Mommy took  lot of time to brainstorm and organize a fun party for me. I love her so much for thinking of me and risking her sanity. I heard her talking to my Marmee and Daddy a lot during the month of December about "details" and "ideas." I could sense that she was a little stressed here and there, but overall, she remained calm.
     I loved all the attention being on me, and can not wait to see what mommy dreams up for next year's bash :). Here's the jist of my party in pictures....
    
We started the party with a puppet show. Mommy read Mrs. Wishy Washy, Aunt Jamie and Aunt Anita were in charge of puppets, and Marmee was Mrs. Wishy Washy!!


Daddy held me during the show.... I wanted to get on the stage, but I guess I had the best seat in the house.
Mommy set up six centers to go with some of my favorite books:  Mrs. Wishy-Washy,
Where's Spot?; Tails; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See; and Barnyard Dance.

My birthday cake had the Mrs. Wishy-Washy theme :). Here's a picture of my cakes before they were destroyed.


Before I could eat my cake, everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me! My big brother Colin thought it was awesome! Look how excited he was. I love him.
My favorite part of the day.....

I destroyed my cake :)

I got a lot of great books to go on my new dollhouse book shelf. 

Once everything was said and done, I was one happy little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment