Sep 27, 2010

21 months....oh how the time flies


Sunday was my 21 month birthday! Mommy and Daddy are amazed at what a big girl I am.  
  • I've been really into learning my letters lately, I love starfall.com and playing with my magnetic letters on the fridge. At the end of my 20th month I could recognize about 1/2 (or maybe more) of the alphabet. My goal is the have them down pat this month :). 
  •  I'm soooo cute saying the blessing, it usually goes something like this "thank you Jesus for our food, our family, and our friends. I love you Jesus. Amen." Oh, and if everyone isn't ready to say it with me I'll call them out.... "COLIN, BLESSING!!!!!" 
  • I love counting, especially toes, fingers, and goldfish!
  • I have an obsession with Elmo. I would be perfectly happy watching him all day long, but mommy limits my tv time :(. I also have a singing/dancing Elmo that I love! )
  • I'm getting excited about going to Disney next week. I love "MeeMee Mouse!"
  • I have started getting onto Sparky("No, No Sparky!! NOOOOOOO!!!") when he is scratching at the door, or jumping on someone. Mom thinks she has rubbed off on me. 
  • I ask to listen to "sick" on mommy's pandora radio on her phone all the time. I usually want it to go "next" within 10 seconds of the song being played.
  • I am still super lovable and give hugs and kisses to anyone who asks :)
  • I LOVE playing outside, and insist on going anytime we get out of the car. I usually throw a fit when I am not granted this wish.


Here's how I spent my 21st month birthday....

First, I have to say that I've also been a big help to mommy lately. I wipe up my messes, and load and unload my clean dishes from the dishwasher. For this reason mommy lets me invite friends over for fun.


JoJo (and Jakob) spent the night with me for the first time Friday night. We went to Steak-N-Shake, took a bath together, and watched a little Elmo before bed. We are such big girls having spend the night parties. Daddy was out of town with Uncle Jake and some other boys for a boys trip!


Saturday mommy had to get up early to judge a cheerleading competition, so Marmee stayed with Joli, Jakob, and me. We went to Jakob's football game Saturday morning, where he scored two touchdowns and caught some impressive passes. My Nita Bug picked me up for Addi's birthday party on Saturday. Here are some pictures of me before the party. Mommy thinks it's funny that I really don't have a solid smiling face. It's either this:

or the stare. We don't have any pics from the party since mommy and daddy weren't there. I had a great time with my family though!


When mommy picked me up from the church nursery on Sunday, this is what she found (well, kind of. I had my dress on, not my night-night shirt). I had my big bow in too, but you couldn't see my pebbles hair very well.

I left it up until nap time because it kept the hair out of my eyes. I managed to "borrow" Joli's pig again on Saturday. MADE MY WEEKEND :). Mr. and Mrs. Piggers ate every meal with me, and slept with me.

My daddy made it home Sunday night around dinner time. He played with me and gave me my happy bath. I LOVED that he even let me put on bubba's shoes before time to go to bed. 

21 months old....

let the good times roll....


No comments:

Post a Comment