Jun 26, 2010

18 months

Today is my half birthday! My mom and dad have seriously considered celebrating this day as my "real" birthday because my birthday is the day after Christmas. For now, it's just another milestone. In the future it could be the day that I have my parties, etc...


Mom and I took a little field trip today to take some pictures of me. The location we were shooting for didn't work out due to a wedding.  My dad was not able to come because my brother was not feeling well, so I didn't have anyone to make me smile. Let's just say mommy needs to leave the picture taking up to the pros!


I am talking more and more each day! I can repeat anything (almost) and can even put two words together. Some of my most frequent saying are "up please" "hi _______" "thank you" and "all done." My vocabulary has really taken off- it's crazy that people can actually understand what I want and need most of the time.

I can also recognize some of my colors and say them when asked "what color is this?" My favorite color is yellow, and I always get it right, probably because I have been dreaming in yellow since birth in my room. I can say different parts of my ABC's and can count along with mommy to 10 in my own cute little way.

Physically I am getting taller all the time, and starting to loose some of the chub. For the first time I am wearing my age (18-24 months) in dresses and some shirts/shorts. I like to run, march, and jump! I am starting to climb on everything, adding difficulty to my mommy's job of keeping me safe! I am headed to the doctor for my 18 month check up Tuesday, so I can give all my stats :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment