Jul 18, 2010

World Series, holla!

My brother is such an awesome baseball player. So awesome in fact, that he played in the World Series! 
The World Series is the last tournament of Colin's all-star season. The Dirtbags had a great Summer together!

We started the tournament off with a big party and parade at Camp Jordan. It was SUPER hot, but I was a good girl for about an hour. Mom and I had to split right before the DB took the stage, so sadly I do not have a picture of the team together.  That's me in the pink bow with my Bubba, my Daddy, and my cousins Libby and Bryson (Bryson is an All-Star player, too).  Don't get the idea that I was the center of attention or anything.

I made it to Colin's first 2 games, sort of. Marmee came to the second game and let me go to her house to play with toys after about 30 minutes of ball. It was unbelievably hot outside! 



Colin played great ball. He caught a pop fly, made a lot of outs at 2nd base, and hit well. 



We played some tough teams! Teams traveled to this tournament from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee! Thursday and Friday were pool play games. We did so well that we made it into the "A" World Series- only the best!



We gave it our best effort, but lost on Sunday to a really good ball team.



Colin cheered for his team winning or losing- he's such a good team player!


I managed to have a little pool time with my cousins from Texas and my Poppy while the rest of my family nearly had heat strokes. 



Goodbye All-Star baseball! Mom and I didn't think we would enjoy you as much as we have! See you next Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment